Monday, September 7, 2015

Labor Day means the start of....

Labor Day weekend...

For most people it has the normal meaning, but around these parts, Labor Day weekend marks the beginning of one of the best seasons of the year.   You see for the last upteen years, this weekend has been our official Fantasy Football Draft weekend which can only mean ONE thing...



and because I'm keeping it real





Now that I am yucky Bears country, I have to remember to be loud and proud.  After all, I *am* an owner of the team. Go Pack Go!   :)  Regardless, Labor Day is the unofficial start of the 2015 NFL season. The official start is Thursday. Have I mentioned that I am excited?!

In celebration, I am sharing my version of Tex Mex Soup that I usually make quite frequently during football season.  It's a one pot meal that doesn't take a whole lot of babysitting so you can focus on the game!!  I do not include measurements, mostly because it is one of those situations that I just use however much I happen to have on hand. (except spices - for those, I just use my semi-educated judgement, sprinkles, shakes and eyeball measurements)

Ground beef
Chicken broth
Bell pepper
Onion
Garlic
Black beans (drained and rinsed)
Rotel (chili fixings flavor)
Poblano pepper
Frozen corn
Cilantro
Parsley
Mexican oregano
Cumin
Coriander
JalapeƱo powder
Salt
Pepper
Small pasta
lime juice

Brown the ground beef; drain.
Chop and drop veggies. Add spices and herbs.
Add beans, broth and rotel; bring to boil.
Add pasta and cook til just done,
Add lime juice.

Garnish each bowl with green onions, shredded cheese and tortilla chips



No comments:

Post a Comment