Sunday, August 16, 2015

Thai Chicken Soup

I start a new job Monday. Of course, the way the universe works with me is "new job Monday?  Yeah, here is a sinus infection on Saturday.  You're welcome."   Anytime I get sick, this soup is my very first thought.  It's super easy, so el sicko could even make it for herself. I won't, but I could!  I'd add photos, but that would entail me making it.  Not going to happen today.

Main Ingredients:

2 cartons of Swanson Thai ginger broth (this stuff is the bomb!)
1 carton plain chicken broth
1-2 Boneless skinless Chicken breast, cut into small pieces (depends on size - could even do 3 if they are smallish)
1 to 1 1/2 cups broccoli slaw
3/4 cup grated carrot
1 small can sliced water chestnuts, drained
1 to 1 1/2 cups dry egg noodles
1 small jalapeño sliced very thinly
1 teaspoon Garlic paste

Garnishes:

Chopped green onions
Fresh Sugar snap peas
Lime zest to taste
Cilantro to taste


Warm broth in a large pot.
Add chicken and simmer until just done
Add broccoli slaw, water chestnuts, carrot, garlic paste and jalapeño. Cook for 5-7 minutes.
Add noodles
When noodles are done add the lime zest. place a few sugar snap peas in the bottom of each bowl. Ladle soup over peas. Garnish with chopped cilantro and green onions.



No comments:

Post a Comment